Tuesday, December 18

October, November and December CQJP

Hello I'm back. In the time I spent with my family I got the CQ blocks done for October, November and December. 
The fabrics are practically vintage. They are from my mum's stash of bits and pieces leftover from the clothes she stitched for my sister and me. So many memories these bits of patterned fabric evoke. 
The October block.
The November block.
The December block.

So I've completed the CQJP ( Crazy Quilt Journal Project) challenge and made 12 CQ blocks. One for every month of  the year. All twelve will eventually be uploaded and available for viewing here

I'm putting the blocks together to create a fabric journal of 2012. Some work left on that project but it will be shown here first.

The show for Indian Design at Madder Moon, Singapore was a resounding success. I sold three of my scarves, my fibre books were exhibited for the first time and there were enquiries if they were for sale and they were written about here - so exciting.
 The rest of the scarves will continue to be available for sale at Madder Moon, so please tell family and friends if they are are in Singapore or travelling there, to go visit and get an insight into Indian Design.

Madder Moon   16, Ann Siang Road, 01-01, Singapore, Singapore 069696.   

What exciting fibre/fabric challenges and swaps have you registered for in 2013? I'm hoping there's going to be a fabric book page swap on Stitchin Fingers which I can participate in. Please point me to any other such event which is still open for registration which I possibly missed while I was without internet access for three weeks

 Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2013 to all who drop by.   

5 comments:

María José Belmonte Mondéjar said...

I gave you a prize .
My blog:silladeenea.blogspot.com
You will be welcome
THANKS ,María José

Unknown said...

So beautiful...all of them r such a feast...love ur work...

Caterina Giglio said...

just beautiful... have a lovely holiday season!

Maya Sara Matthew said...

@ Maria Jose - thanks for letting me know I won a prize. I have no recollection of participating in a giveaway on your blog so this is a pleasant surprise.

@ rinks - thanks for visiting and for the appreciative words.

@ Caterina - thank you and I hope the holidays are merry and the new year is bright and beautiful.

Inky Leaves said...

These are just deliciously beautiful. I wish I could see them in the flesh! Thanks for posting these for us all to feast our eyes on. You are so talented! Have a very magical Christmas and a happy new year.

ShareThis